June 23rd - 25th, 2020
Featuring America's Finest Youth Handbell Musicians
- Only 30 ensemble players will be selected. All ensemble members are between ages 13 - 19.
- Registration for the event is $185. . This fee includes all transporation to and from meals and reheasals from the hotel (when staying in the host hotel); transporation to and from airports or train stations when using either Washington National Airport, Richmond International Airport, Union Station in Washington, DC or the Amtrak station in Fredericksburg, VA for ensemble members who stay at the host hotel. Each ensemble member is responsible for his/her own transportation to Virginia. For additional information about transportation, see the application packet.
- All remaining fees due must be paid within 15 days of your student's acceptance in the ensemble. Failure to pay balance due will result in your student's position being released to an alternate. See the application for details.
- Each musician will be required to purchase and learn his/her music ahead of time. Rehearsal notes will be available via a closed and moderated Google Group and sent to your student. The music may be purchased from our website at a 20% off list price discount once your student has been accepted into the ensemble.
- Each ensemble member will have to provide his/her own black performance gloves, black pants or skirt (knee length or longer), black shoes, black socks or stockings and black split-back bell binder. If an ensemble member does not bring these items, they will be provided for them and your credit card will be charged for the expense. Fit and appropriatenes of the pants/skirt will be determined by the event leadership on the first day of rehearsal.
- Ensemble members will be chaperoned at all times. If you are not planning to accompany your young musician, he/she will be in the charge of adult chaperones. See the application packet for information regarding requirements.
- All ensemble members will be required to follow all rules of the hotel, the rehearsal facility, and the event leadership at all times. Failure to do so may result in the musician being dismissed from the event. The students' registration fee will not be refunded, and you will be charged for any additional costs the event leadership incurs in making arrangements to send home your student. The decisions of event staff are final.
- All rehearsals are closed -- even to parents
- The final concert will be held Thursday evening at 7:o0 PM in University Hall at the Stafford Campus of The University of Mary Washington and tickets are required and cost $7 each. They are available in advance through event leadership or at the door. Everyone must have a ticket to attend.
- Professional DVDs of the final concert will be available for purchase after the event.
Sponsored by: The Stafford Regional Handbell Society