Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can apply?
- Any handbell musician who will be between the ages of 13 and 19 when the event occurs.
- What is entailed in the audition process?
- Each applicant must submit a video via DVD or electronic upload such as Dropbox, YOUtube, or other means showing himself/herself performing as part of an ensemble, or as a soloist, or playing along with a recording. Also, there will be a group of required exercises each applicant should rehearse and show themselves performing on their application video.
- When are applications due?
- The deadline for receipt of your complete application is January 15th. YOU are responsible for making sure we have received everything. We will send a confirmation when your materials are received.
- What's included in the application?
- You will need an audition video as described, a completed written application which inclues ringing position preferences, and at least 2 recommendation letters. Middle School students must submit at least 3 recommendation letters. The form for recommendations is included in the application packet. Adults recommending you must use that form.
- Where is the event held?
- The National Honors Handbell Ensemble rehearses and performs in Fredericksburg, VA. Rehearsals are held at the permanent rehearsal studio of the Stafford Regional Handbell Society - located 2 miles from the event hotel.
- Is there a pool at the host hotel?
- I have dietary needs and preferences. Will they be accommodated?
- Yes. Meal orders will be placed in advance and once they are placed cannot be changed.
Still Have Questions? Give us a call at 540-850-3700 or email us at email@example.com